Pray for God’s blessing on the harvest and success of the farm!
VISION & INTENT OF NANGOMBE FARM
A parcel of farm land owned by Calvary Chapel Entebbe has great potential to be developed. The intent is to produce a mixture of livestock and unique vegetables. And when running at full production, the farm which would generate income that could help several ministries of the church to become completely self-sufficient. However, the vision for the farm goes far beyond generating income.
The ministry and work of the farm will benefit youth and pastors in training through agriculture education as well as function as a retreat center.
NEW & EXISTING BUILDING CONSTRUCTION
- Additional Cottages & Dormitories to house visiting missionary teams, Ignite team members, or retreat attendees.
- Kitchen & Dining facility.
- Provide solar electricity to facility.
SUSTAINABLE VEGETABLE & LIVESTOCK FARMING
Initial investment capital would enable sustainable vegetable and livestock farming.
- Tilapia: Protein sources are ever more valuable as the population of African countries like Uganda continue to soar. Raising and selling fish would provide a significant source of income and is very feasible as the farm property includes a significant shore line.
- Organic Vegetables: With an unlimited source of water, we have the potential to grow unique crops and livestock products that bring a higher profit than the typical produce brought to the market. With an irrigation system, we could be bringing these products to the market year round.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Join or plan a Missions Trip to come and serve alongside us. Whether short term or extended, we’d be blessed to have you!
Not sure what to do? Talk to us! We would love to begin to dialogue with you about it.
Calvary Chapel Demonstration Farm is a project owned and operated by Calvary Chapel Entebbe. The church owns several parcels of land right along the coast of Lake Victoria, accessible by a short boat ride from the main church’s property. The farm is adjacent to a village named Nangombe. Besides the farm, this land is also the grounds for Calvary Chapel Nangombe, a recent church plant, following the Lord’s direction to reach the village with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Presently there are several buildings on the farm.
- Barn – a structure which houses our basic farm machinery and tools. This building also has 4 rooms which act as guest quarters for farm workers, and it has an outdoor kitchen.
- Chicken House – There is another small building made from mud and wood that is being used to house about 100 chickens. Eggs are collected daily and sold in the market place. The potential exists to care for 3,000 chickens with all the eggs collected daily and raising pigs in significant numbers.
- Pig House – Enough to house 4 sows and a boar
- Bathroom/shower – a communal bathroom shower building which, when complete, will allow for hosting of larger numbers of guests.
- Main Cottage – A house, which can house up to 12 people.
- There is also a parcel of the land producing cabbage.